Idle Sword Idle Sword

Congrats on releasing this - I had fun reviewing it in the early stages!

laFunk responds:

It's being an awesome experience; I'm learning so much! The game has changed quite a lot since then! I'm truly thankful for all your help :D Cheers!

Blue Custom! Blue Custom!

I totally rubbed my dali lamma all over my shakra when i was playing this.....

jjwallace responds:

DALAI DALAI LAMMA LAMMA!!! ON YOUR CHAKRA!

Grey Wars Grey Wars

Good Stuff

The game itself has a few flaws, but overall it's quite addicting and enjoyable. The upgrades are interesting and some unique. I found the cow mechanic to work quite well, and be rather humorous. The graphics were decent, and sounds were good. The interface could have used a bit of work, but that's nothing too major. The large black enemy seemed a bit too strong for how early it appeared, but perhaps I was doing something wrong. Overall, it was a solid TD that could just used a bit more polish. Regardless, it was still fun, and it was obvious that a lot of work went into it.

Bloons 2 Bloons 2

You got it

I have always found the original Bloons to be EXTREMELY overrated. This however, this shows you guys know what you're doing. This game is polished to the bone. An enormous number of levels, new and fun additions, and world map, and more. This is worthy of the originals praise, and likely the praise that will come with this one. As far as flash games and casual go, you nailed it.

Jewel Cave Jewel Cave

Awesome

This game is very well done, it's unfortunately not to everyone's taste, but for what it is, it's great. I was VERY happy to see you wrote this yourself, and didn't use Flixel (from what I can tell at least). The only "bug" I could find was jumping when standing next to a wall, other than that, this engine is incredibly solid.

As far as the gameplay goes, the different gem types were very cool. I especially liked the wind gems. On that note, I managed to find the hidden room with the infinite gem fill-ups, VERY cool addition; it's rare that developers hide secrets in flash games these days. That's the kind of stuff you do because you liked the game, not because you were trying to score some cash.

Anyway, very sorry to see this game isn't doing so well in score. As a player, and a fellow developer, I assure your game is great, and that you're just getting unlucky with a crowd that doesn't appreciate your product for one reason or another. Overall, excellent game, awesome work, and kudos again on that secret room :)

Nog Out Nog Out

Quick and Effective

It's obvious you aren't going for anything in-depth or amazing here, but rather something quick and casual; that's exactly what you've done.

The art is fantastic, the sounds well suited to the game, and the learning curve is simple as possible. There's no way someone wouldn't grasp how to play this, so it's very user friendly. The gameplay is nothing that will keep players for hours, but a round or two is definitely entertaining; I enjoyed myself. As far as mini-games go, it's definitely top-tier. I wouldn't play this all day, but that's not what you were trying to create.

Overall, it's visually pleasing, slightly humorous, sounds good, and overall enjoyable; good job.

jjwallace responds:

Hey man, thanks a lot... It was a simple game i just through together i though would be fun :-) I have another game coming out that is a big project, hopefully it will be a big hit and have a lot of gameplay. :-)

Sideways Sideways

Decent

Definitely needs some work before I would call it a quality polished game, but it was entertaining and served it's purpose. It was a bit glitchy however. What I experienced was losing a level, pressing a key (perhaps, I can't remember), opening an AIM window, then going back to the game and watched level by level be completed without me moving an inch since the 6th or 7th level. They just kept completing themselves and spawning me in the next map. Switch to AS3 and OOP, that kind of stuff won't happen :) Overall, nice work, just doesn't quite live up to what you guys likely expected from it.

Ninja Ball Training Ninja Ball Training

Really?

The actual game is great, I love the swinging mechanic and box2D runs great for what this is.

However, uploading the tutorial as it's own game, seriously? It's 500kb, you have a link on the menu of the actual game, there is no excuse what so ever to have this be it's own swf, it's got to be for more CTR and cash, if you have a legit reason to do so, please enlighten me. I know for a fact that a game going from 6.9MB to 7.5MB is not an issue, you have room for the button to the tutorial in the main game (because it's there, and opens up this page), so why? I just played it, and it's a single level, one screen. You already had the main menu in the original game, all you needed to do was add this tutorial map into the main game, and you would have been set. Please enlighten me, I'd love to be wrong about this, unfortunately I'm very certain I'm not, and this part of the game gets a 0 from me. To be fair, I did give the actual game a 4, it's good stuff.

Revert to Growth Revert to Growth

I was just thinking of this.

I was wondering when this would be publically released, thought hit me just a few days ago actually. As I said on FGL, this is one of my favorite puzzle games of all time. It's got great music, excellent graphics, and some very thought provoking puzzles. I'm rarely stumped in a flash puzzle game, but there were times when I really had to study the puzzle to figure out what to do. Overall, this is probably the best puzzle game to come out this year, definitely in the top for best puzzle games on the net, great work, going to add it to my site now.

AethosGames responds:

Thanks porter :D

Dropple 2 Dropple 2

Not bad,

The game isn't bad, and the first in the series is a huge hit on my site (one of the top played games). This one however needed some upgrades, and some minor issues really hurt it.

Here's what you did wrong, and can still fix VERY easily. This is from one game developer to another, so understand it's just helpful advice.

First, you have keyboard controls, support WASD, it'll really add to your rankings, trust me.

Second, allow pressing space, or enter, to proceed to the next level. It's a horrible idea to force the player to switch between keyboard and mouse, especially for something as simple as just starting the next level. It's annoying, and although it doesn't seem so bad, you're losing score from various users who found that annoying and dropped a low vote.

Lastly, although the 3 second count down is nice, I would have sped it up a tiny bit, or gotten rid of it entirely. Allowing the player to just press a key when they're ready, the sluggish speeds due to waiting for that also annoy your players, again, it all adds up.

As you can see, the three above things hurt you in the end, especially if you find players annoyed by more than one of them, they'll likely drop you a low vote, rather than the 3 or higher this game deserves.

Overall, it's a nice addition to the first game, and it's not bad, you should just really consider cleaning up those minor issues, it shouldn't take you more than an hour to fix it up and re-submit this. As for the level editor, great addition, I know some don't like the idea of it only being on your site, but hey, you need to make some money too, nice move as far as I'm concerned. Let me know if you fix those things up, I promise you it'll help your ratings, as well as earnings in the end. Good work, keep it up.

sinistersea responds:

Thanks for taking the time to respond and make suggestions, I have implemented all of the changes you recommended.